Free School Meals
In all English primary schools, children in reception class, year one and year two receive a free school lunch if they wish, and it has not been necessary for any parents to fill in a Free School Meals application form.
School’s are able to claim extra money from the government which we use to help us provide a range of extra activities for eligible children, and this money is linked to parents applying for Free School Meals in the past. In order to continue claiming this money from the government, we need parents to re-register for Free School Meals.
So, if you receive a benefit that gives entitlement to Free School meals (as detailed below) please pop in to school reception where they can provide a form and help you fill it out.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit with an annual net earnings of no more than £7,400
Free School Meals Form
Click the link to download our Free School Meals Form: